Mount Nittany Health is pleased to recognize March 8, 2023, as International Women’s Day. The theme for this year’s celebration is “Embrace Equity,” which encourages us to challenge inequality in all aspects of our lives. At Mount Nittany Health, we are committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we recognize the importance of creating a workplace culture that supports and empowers women at all levels.
As we celebrate International Women’s Day, Mount Nittany Health would like to recognize and honor the incredible women who make up a vital part of our organization. We are fortunate to have a wonderful team of dedicated doctors, nurses, caregivers and support staff who work ensure our patients receive the best possible care. Consider some of these impressive statistics:
- 76% of the Mount Nittany Health team is female.
- Women make up 44% of the credentialed medical staff at Mount Nittany Medical Center.
- At Mount Nittany Physician Group, one in three doctors are female and three out of four APPs are women.
- Women hold a majority of the leadership roles within Mount Nittany Physician Group.
- Within Mount Nittany Health Leadership, 63% of the supervisors, managers, directors and executives are women.
- Women hold 19 of the 47 board seats that make up the health system, including Mount Nittany Medical Center, Mount Nittany Physician Group, Mount Nittany Health Foundation, and the Children’s Advocacy Board.
On this International Women’s Day, please join us in thanking the extraordinary women of Mount Nittany Health who help us maintain the gold standard and provide award-winning care. We are grateful for all you do and for advancing our mission of “Healthier people, stronger community.”